Collin's birthday was March 22. I can't believe he is one already. Here are some pictures of his party. I attempted to make a cute bear cake which my friend Erin said was really easy. Easy for me means Betty Crocker (See boring sheet cake picture which is what everybody else ate) so it was a needless to say a little challenging. The cake baked okay but then I had to frost it. It required using tips and frosting bags which apparently I'm not good at. I was using my mother's old set and the bags were really old so the minute I put frosting in them they started to split apart.
After the third bag split and I had frosting all over my hands and table, I found on the internet that using a corner of a garbage bag would work. It did...for a while and then just started to stretch making it hard to get enough pressure to squeeze the frosting through. I was able to get the front done, but then was so frustrated that the back, I just frosted. It turned out cute, I guess but I remembered why I've never done a fancy cake for Clara. Collin didn't really eat too much of it. He kept trying to shove it off
of the high chair. I finally got him to grab the whole cake and take a few nibbles. He did better with the ice cream.
At
least we got some good pictures.
of the high chair. I finally got him to grab the whole cake and take a few nibbles. He did better with the ice cream.
2 comments:
Good for you! How adorable that you made him his own little cake. Happy Birthday Collin!
I think it turned out great! Very fun.
Post a Comment