Our yard is nice but in the two years we've lived here we have not put in any play equipment. Mark has promised me an Ewok Village for 2 years and I told him this year it would get done or I'm buying a swingset. I'm tired of not having anywhere for the kids to play. We have 2 large telephone poles in our backyard that have a swing in between them. The swing is cool because it goes really high but the poles are in the only usable space in the yard. So Mark wants to build an Ewok village around the telephone poles complete with slide and swings. I gave him a deadline of next Wednesday. We'll see if it gets done. He did finally get the sandbox put in that's also been on the list for 2 years. The kids love it. Collin will actually play in the sand unlike Clara at his age. She wouldn't touch sand until she was about 4.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Random summer things
We have been looking forward to summer for a while now but now that it is finally here, I'm ready for Clara to go back to school. She has barely been out a week and already I'm tired of the repeated questions. Can we go to the pool, can I have a piece of gum, can I have another popsicle, can I ride my bike, can I go to the neighbor's house. I would be fine if she would ask these questions once a day, but no, it's 800 times a day. My patience is waring thin.
Our yard is nice but in the two years we've lived here we have not put in any play equipment. Mark has promised me an Ewok Village for 2 years and I told him this year it would get done or I'm buying a swingset. I'm tired of not having anywhere for the kids to play. We have 2 large telephone poles in our backyard that have a swing in between them. The swing is cool because it goes really high but the poles are in the only usable space in the yard. So Mark wants to build an Ewok village around the telephone poles complete with slide and swings. I gave him a deadline of next Wednesday. We'll see if it gets done. He did finally get the sandbox put in that's also been on the list for 2 years. The kids love it. Collin will actually play in the sand unlike Clara at his age. She wouldn't touch sand until she was about 4.

Clara at the beach in Mexico just after she turned 2. Notice how she is froglegging in order to not touch the sand. She did this the whole week. If she got sand on her she would freak out.
We have been enjoying a lot of popsicles.
We have also enjoyed planting our garden this year. Our strawberries are actually growing this year unlike last year. The first one started to turn red and Clara was so excited to pick and eat it. We woke up one morning and it was gone thanks to the birds. Clara burst into tears and cried all morning. My cousin said that they have had some success scaring the birds with fake snakes. So we looked all over Utah County for fake snakes: toy stores, garden stores, Cal ranch, IFA. No success. So finally the lady at the garden store told us that birds are afraid of shiny things and sold us some shiny ribbon tape stuff. We also bought the windmills which are a nice touch. We'll see if they keep the birds away.
Our yard is nice but in the two years we've lived here we have not put in any play equipment. Mark has promised me an Ewok Village for 2 years and I told him this year it would get done or I'm buying a swingset. I'm tired of not having anywhere for the kids to play. We have 2 large telephone poles in our backyard that have a swing in between them. The swing is cool because it goes really high but the poles are in the only usable space in the yard. So Mark wants to build an Ewok village around the telephone poles complete with slide and swings. I gave him a deadline of next Wednesday. We'll see if it gets done. He did finally get the sandbox put in that's also been on the list for 2 years. The kids love it. Collin will actually play in the sand unlike Clara at his age. She wouldn't touch sand until she was about 4.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We should set up a play date from Brig and Clara. They can talk each others ears off.
Happy to meet up with you on blog land! Fun to see your cute family. Looks like you've been quite the traveler. Welcome back. We are in Cleveland with one year of residency under our belts and six more to go!
Get that swingset. You can always put in an Ewok village later. What a sanity saver!
Good luck with scaring off the birds. I found your search for fake snakes amusing. I'll bet the kids like the whirlies.
I think I remember Clara's sand fetish. Macy had a grass fetish. She would scream and pull her legs up if she even came close to the grass. Looks like you are having fun! Just think - In a couple of months, Clara will be gone ALL DAY LONG for school! (I don't know if that's a happy or sad thing for you.) I love the garden. That is too funny about a bird eating your first strawberry. Poor Clara!
That picture of Clara in the sand is so cute. I could not tell you what to do about the birds. I love the pinwheels though I think I may steal that idea form you!
Hey girl! Heber Valley camp was a blast. I had lots planned for while we were up there, but people just wanted to do their own thing. I was cool with that. SO glad you commented, now I can check up on the Ohrans as much as I want! :)
Post a Comment