Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Clara's Birthday

Today we were driving in the car and the new Coldplay song Viva la Vida came on (again). They sure have been playing that song a lot lately. Clara was singing along in the backseat so I commented that I liked the song. She said "I do too. It's so peaceful...and nice" What?


Sunday was Clara's birthday. We decided not to have a friend party this year because it's just too crazy trying to decide who to invite and really lets be honest, I don't like to plan parties. So we just had a low key family party.

Clara picked her dinner: Sloppy Joes, cheetos, carrots, honeydew melon, and salad.

We did a pinata. Her theme was kitty's so we had kitty decorations and a hello kitty pinata.

She got a lot of presents. We got her a kid's digital camera and a beach towel. She also got a webkin (pictured above) and some pajamas, barbies, a new dress, some books, and some otter pops.


Her new dress.

The cake that I ordered from Costco. Clara picked it out. It looks more like a funeral cake to me, but they didn't have a kitty cake. So I bought some cheap kitty figurines to put on it.

The big 6. I can't believe she's 6 already. 6 going on 18. But she's so cute.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Clara!

I'm not big into planning parties either. I think next year we're going to just do a family thing too.

Kyleen and Brent said...

Happy Birthday Clara! Wow, she has really grown up! Sounds like you are doing well. WE'll have to get together next time we are down, not sure when that will be!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Clara! Six years old! She is so adorable. I loved your "funeral" cake. Too funny!

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Clara, Happy Birthday to you!! And many moooorrreee!

McKee Family said...

Happy Birthday Clara! Can you believe we have kids starting first grade?? Hope you're doing great!