Monday, September 1, 2008

Some funny Claraisms

When I was Clara's age, computers were just becoming main stream. We had a set of about 20 in our school library and we would get to use them once a week to play the spelling games and Oregon Trail. But you can tell that Clara has grown up in a world of computers. And Tivo. She always wants to pause things or stop and rewind them. The other day on our way to church we passed Sister Lakey's house. She was released about a month ago from leading the music in Primary. Clara asked me very seriously "Why did they delete Sister Lakey from the primary?" If only being released from a calling were as easy as pushing the delete button on your computer.
I can also tell Clara has been hanging out with her older cousins and has been picking up a few phrases. Nothing bad, but today she told me that Connor, her cousin, was cracking her out. I don't think she really knows what she is saying.
My current favorite phrase of Clara's is when she says until a long time. Like we haven't been to McDonalds until a long time. Or We haven't seen her until a long time. So funny.

5 comments:

The Pea said...

Man I have missed you and your family, I know I just saw you but Clara looks even more grown up in these pictures than she did then.

lillysmum said...

Your kids kill me. So funny. What is Clara going to be for Halloween? The deadline has passed!!!!!!
(Sorry we missed your birthday! Happy birthday!)

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

Clara's isms are making me laugh a lot right now, I needed that. Can I please get deleted from YW?

Eliz said...

Hi, I know you might not remember me because really I am a lousy friend and when people move I tend to loose touch (Heather Clark, Shannon Miller, Analee Resiegh all of my old college roomates etc...) I have a nasty habit that I would like to break. I started a blog recently and somewhere from the depths of my mind I remembered you had one. I actually found your blog site and I hope you will check out mine as well -- agoodfellowday.blogspot.com. OMGosh Clara is getting so big -- I loved seeing the pics of her and her cute little brother. Hope to hear from you soon Eliz

Crazy Lady said...

Just checking out your blog, hope you don't mind. Clara is so cute and funny. I love to see these little kids personalities.