Sunday, May 24, 2009

If mom says no, ask grandma

Mark gets back from China tonight. Yay. But I am designing the lights for the Giver at BYU and I had to be at rehearsals every night this last week. So my mom came to stay to help with the kids. My dad also came down part way through. I am so thankful to my mom. She had a hard time getting around because of a hurt back, but she trooped around my house helping with everything. Collin and Clara loved having her here. And my dad also. Collin particularly liked the m & m's he got for a treat everyday. Today just before they left my dad gave Collin some in a bowl. After he ate all those he wanted more. I told him no that we were done with m & m's. Without missing a beat, he turned and yelled "bampa, bampa" and wandered around trying to find my dad. I told him that grandpa had gone outside. Without missing another beat, he turned and yelled, "mamma, mamma" He knew that if I wouldn't give it to him, one of them would. After waving goodbye to them today, I put Collin down for a nap. My mom predicted that where's bampa would be the first words out of his mouth when he woke up. She was right. Where's bumpa. Where's mamma, he asked. They went home I said. No, upstairs, he responed. He was very sad to find that they had really gone. Thanks again mom and dad.

1 comment:

Emily said...

So sweet. I miss your parents. Isn't it amazing that even though your kids don't see your parents all that often, they simply adore them and warm right up?!? I'm always surprised with my in-laws at how quickly they fall in love again, even if it has been months since they last saw them.