With the whirlwind of the holidays and the start of a new semester at BYU, I have neglected to blog. I keep wanting to post some video of Clara's piano recital but Mark has attempted to download it but it hasn't worked. Plus it's on our other computer which is out of commission right now.
We had a great holiday season. We went to Idaho for Christmas which I don't have pictures of because I thought I forgot my camera which I later found buried in my suitcase. We enjoyed the annual, traditional Moss/Shindurling family Christmas Eve soup night. And also celebrated the recent addition of the Boxing Day Celebration thanks to my two English brother in laws. Really we just eat a lot of food. We also had a good time with Mark's family as everybody was in town the week after Christmas. We had family pictures taken which we will hopefully get back soon so I can post some. We had all 27 (?) of us and it was the first family picture in 8 years.
Things are back to normal at BYU and Mark and I are both busy with various shows. I'm also taking a clogging class. It's actually a performing team made up of women age 20-40. We will be competing in competitions this spring. It's flashback to my high school days except I'm older and fatter. But it's a lot of fun.
Clara is enjoying being back to school although she complains that she has no time to play with friends. She is taking dance and piano. It's amazing how quickly she is progressing at the piano. She loves her teacher who is a girl in our ward. She told her a while ago that if they were the same age they would be best friends. I think she spends more time chitty chatting with her at her lesson than actually playing. Clara, she's a talker.
Collin is getting more and more independent. And thinks he wants to give up his naps. I put him to bed at 7 tonight because he has refused to take a nap all week and is just a beast come 6 o'clock. He wants to make every decision for himself. Which is fine usually but then once he makes his decision, he changes his mind. Today he picked a cereal and the minute I poured it and put milk on it, he changed his mind. Sometimes I give in and replace the cereal with his new choice but usually when I do this, he changes his mind back. So I've just stopped doing that, which ends in him throwing a tantrum most of the time. It's a never ending battle. He thinks Buzz Lightyear is the coolest and loves rockets. He runs around the house saying "to ne and beyond" He can't say infinity. He also likes dinosaurs and trains so all boy basically.
Anywho. As soon as I have pictures to post or Mark transfers the pictures from the dilapidated computer, I will post those.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to know you are still there. I was just thinking about piano for Michael the other day?! I am glad Clara is doing well!
You did not tell us you were clogging again when we went out! How could you omit such fabulous information! Mike says Idaho has never been so proud.
Post a Comment