Wednesday, August 4, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond

This post is a long time coming. I've been wanting to post about it since Collin's birthday in March but didn't have a photo. I finally downloaded this off of my parents computer so I can finally post it. Collin has been into Buzz Lightyear for a while now. For his birthday he received several Buzz related gifts including these wings and arm shield things from my parents. He first saw them unwrapped when we arrived at my parents house for a visit shortly after his birthday. My mom wouldn't let him have them until his party so he could unwrap them. He waited impatiently all weekend until finally his party arrived. He promptly put them on and insisted on going outside. My dad took him out there. We saw him through the window and couldn't help but laugh as he squatted and prepped for a take-off. After several attempts, he came inside with just the saddest, most crestfallen look on his face. In a sad little voice he proclaimed "I can't fly". He thought that the wings would really make him fly and was so disappointed that they didn't work. We wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. He was just so sad.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Remind Colin that Buzz himself had the same moment when he realized he was just a toy and couldn't fly on his own.

Maybe he will be happier to realize he is more like Buzz thank he originally thought and the non-flying won't matter any more.

I love your little red-headed kids!

Jenna said...

That is priceless. Poor kid.

The Pea said...

Oh that is so sad!! HE is so cute!!