Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Birthdays!

We had a couple of birthdays in March. Collin turned 5 and Mark turned 39!!! We had a simple party for Mark. He's easy to please. The kids bought him Puss in Butts, which I think is kind of a Homer present.


He's not a huge cake eater so I made his favorite Lemon pie. It's what he asks for every year. And we had steak and favorite potatoes for dinner.


Collin was in charge of decorating. I wasn't planning on decorating but he insisted and found the only crepe paper I had. Purple and pink leftover from Clara's birthday. He did such a fine job.


On March 22nd Collin turned 5. I can't believe how big he is getting. He is such a good little boy, and so thoughtful. He's always telling us he loves us. His preschool teachers say he is the best behaved in class. He likes rockets and airplanes still. Along with cars and swords and legos. All boy. Good thing, since he'll be surrounded by girls soon. For his birthday he wanted a Buzz Lightyear rocket party.



We had a cool pinata that Collin filled with candy. It was so heavy that Mark had to reinforce the hanging thing. The original one broke the second we picked it up. There was so much candy.
The kids and their loot.





My parents gave Collin a rocket cake pan for Christmas and that's all he could talk about. As you can see the pan was a little small so I had to make three. Collin picked out the candy and helped me decorate them.

He had to have a candle on every cake. I tried to put them on just one so they were a little more consolidated but he wouldn't have it.

No comments: