Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Success!

You'll be happy to know that our shiny ribbon/windmill tactic worked. We have successfully harvested one strawberry. Clara was very excited to eat it as you can see. We are anxiously awaiting more.

In other news, we gave Collin a haircut. His hair was looking a little crazy with it's long wispys flying all over. Plus he has started to yank on his hair whenever he gets angry or tired. He woke up in the middle of the night the other night and was so mad he pulled a huge chunk about the size of a golf ball out. He has a huge bald spot right on the top of his head. I was very sad to cut his hair, still hoping that it would get thicker, but we're hoping by cutting it, he won't pull on it as much.



He has also turned into a picky eater. Here I was bragging how much he ate, and now he doesn't want to eat anything but fruit and hot dogs. He does like to play with it though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That picture of Clara is so adorable. I have two strawberry plants that I need to get in a pot. I think I'll have to buy some of those whirligigs before we shed tears over bird eaten strawberries.

Emily said...

How adorable that she is so proud of her strawberry. Apparently, you can add popsicles to Collin's list of "Things I'll Eat." :)

We need to get together! When?!?

Melanie said...

I am so scared of that first hair cut! Did he sit still well for you?

Loraine Edwards said...

oh my clara is so big. She will be in college soon!