Clara has really been into singing lately. She likes to sing...a lot...and usually songs she doesn't really know. She thinks she knows the Miley Cyrus songs but she's never seen the show and we've never listened to the music. She also likes to make up songs. Mark and I have a hard time not laughing because she tries to sound really serious and slides into all the notes and doesn't say the ends of words. I guess that's how music sounds to her.
So today she was working on a school project. She had to read about somewhere in the world and then do a project on it. She chose a book about Hawaii and then drew a poster of a volcano. As she was coloring she was singing a made up song about a volcano. She sang it a couple of times so I tried to write down as much of it as I could. It went something like this:
There's a volcano, yeah...There's a volcano, yeah
It's gonna blow, It's gonna blow
Hot lava streaming down
Hot lava in our town
Trees on fire, Trees on fire
It's everywhere, It's everywhere
We don't want that in our town
It will make us die
It will make us cry
Cause we don't want a volcano in our town
We don't want a volcano around
(This next part sung in a very hard rock yelling kind of way)
It's gonna blow!
It's gonna blow!
No more volcano
Maybe we should move around...ooh, ooh, ooh
Because we don't want to die.
I've got to hand it to her that she's pretty good at rhyming lyrics. But it's just so funny to hear her sing. Right now she's singing a song about rain as she's bathing. It's sounds suspiciously like the volcano song.
10 comments:
I think it's so funny the things that kids do. I really want my kids to say hilarious things all the time. This singing thing is great and I hope my kid can rhyme like yours can.
AWESOME!!! Get that kid an agent.
Well if the singing never pans out, she can always write lyrics. It seems she has a knack for that.
I can't believe that in so little time she can already rhyme!
Dude, that is so funny. Ya, she is really good at the lyrics. Maybe she will be a poet at the least. I love that she truns all hard rock. Rock on Clara!
That is classic! What a great mom to write it down. By the way, apparently Greg accidentally assaulted Sam yesterday when Melissa came to pick up her pictures. How embarrassing!
That is so Clara!! What are you doing during preisthood session Sat. my sis in law is in town and I though It would be fun to do mini fondue!! Just cheese and chocolate maybe marshmallow?
I can't believe that song! Clara cracks me up!
Oh man, that song is great! Tyler and I have been singing it around the house. She should definitely keep it up. I still have a song written down that I wrote when I was 8. It's great to look back on!
Hailey and Clara should get together and give us a Miley Cyrus concert. Hailey only knows "You get the Best of Both Worlds" though! So fun!
Post a Comment