Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pretty much all of November

November just kind of went by in a blur. Nothing much happened really. Just busy with school and work. We had a good Thanksgiving at our house. My sister and family came down from Salt Lake. Then Mark's parents didn't really have anywhere to go since most of his family was elsewhere so they came too. Then Mark's brother came as well. So it was kind of a mixed group. We had a good time though.


Our festive table.

The pinecone turkey namecard holder that I came up with at the last minute. Surprisingly I had everything on hand, minus the pinecones which I stole from my neighbors yard. Thanks to Clara and my niece Bella for assembling them.



So I decided to give Collin another haircut since he was looking a little mulletish. I should get a reward for cutting a moving target and having it actually look pretty decent. He was just excited to play with the vaccuum after the cleanup.


And lastly. So my friend has been doing the elf on a shelf thing with her kids. Where you have a little elf figurine and it moves every night because it goes to tell Santa if the kids are being naughty or nice. Then they get to find it in a new place every morning. So I thought it would be a fun thing to do with Clara this year. The problem being that I couldn't find an elf. So I settled for a reindeer. They work for Santa too. I named him Randolf. So I got Clara all excited and believing that this reindeer goes to talk to Santa everynight. She was so excited to find that it had moved the first night.... and then I forgot to move it the second night. Still sitting there in the same spot. Clara came panicking into our room at 7:30 in the morning to announce that Randolf had not gone to Santa's the night before. I had to do some quick thinking. Maybe Randolf was tired. Maybe it was snowing too much in Canada. She went and "asked" Randolf and came back to report that indeed Randolf was tired. Needless to say, I haven't forgotten to move him since.

2 comments:

The Pea said...

Man that is making me wish my kids didn't know that Santa is imaginary!! That sounds so fun!

Eliz said...

I heard about putting your Christmas list in your shoe and letting Santa's elves come and get it -- It's a one shot deal -- just about what I can handle.