Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Clara minus a tooth
Clara finally lost her first tooth. It's been pretty wiggly for a while but she's been hanging on to it for dear life because we told her that once she loses a tooth she has to stop sucking her fingers. (Like that's going to happen. My mom was quick to point out to her that I sucked my thumb until I was like 10. So now she tells me she doesn't have to stop.) But it finally got too loose for her to ignore. Last night she would not go to sleep because it was bugging her. I asked her if I should try pulling it out and she said yes. So we tugged some but then she cried and told me that I had hurt her. Then went to sulk in bed because it was all my fault that her tooth hurt. This morning while she was getting dressed she decided to pull it out herself and it just popped out. She was pretty excited and now she gets to go put a mark on the tooth chart in her class at school. She swears she's the only one who doesn't have a mark. And the first thing she wanted to do was call the grandparents. Sorry if we woke you up. We held off calling Mark's mom because she is in California and it was like 7 a.m. there.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Eirik saw the picture and says, "Clara, how are you doing?" He likes seeing her hold her tooth in her hand. Cool!
Oh don't you love when relatives/friends tell your kids stuff you wish they'd forget?! Maybe you should try tabasco on her fingers...
I used to bite my nails- when I was in the 5th grade, my mom threatened to make me wear bandaids on all my fingers to school, that's what made me stop. :-)
I still bite my nails. I guess we all have a few bad habits.
Yeah for Clara! Austin lost his second tooth just last week (and he is older than Clara). So, just out of curiosity, how generous is the Tooth Fairy at your house?
By the way, I hate those tooth charts at school. As if we don't foster enough competition, lets give them something to be proud of that they have absolutely no control over. Drives me crazy!
Post a Comment