Clara didn't just have a birthday, she had a birthday weekend. It started on Saturday with a small party with my parents and sisters families. Then another party with Mark's family on Sunday. And then a friend party today, her actual birthday. At the family parties, we just opened presents and had cake. I made her a carousel cake, as she requested. It actually wasn't that hard. Then we took her and her friends to a salon school here in Provo where they had their hair and nails done. As crazy as it was with 8 girls, it was a pretty easy party to plan. I didn't have to plan any games or have fancy treats. We just opened presents and then went to the salon and went to get ice cream when we were done.
I can't believe Clara is already 7. 7 going on 17 for sure. She's finally coming out of the princess phase and moving onto new things. As glad as I am to be out of that phase, it's a little sad that she's no longer a little girl. I can already see the tween years coming on. Complete with the rolling of the eyes. But she is a sweet girl and her favorite thing to do is to make Collin laugh. Happy Birthday Clara.
The carousel cake.
Opening presents with her friends.
Katelyn and her french braids.
Madeline and Libby and nails.
All 8 girls with hair and nails done.
7 comments:
So fun! I love the cake. Be careful about the birthday weekend. Mike has a sister who has gradually increased from celebrating a birthday to celebrating a birth-month!
Love the cake!!!! And I am glad to hear the party went well. It has bee fun to see her grow up but still have the same personality she's always had!
What a neat cake! Good job! And that friends party looks like it was pretty intense. I can't wait to do birthday parties! Let me know if you need a helper next time! It looks like fun!
Happy Birthday Clara!
Happy birthday Clara!!!
What a fun, fun birthday party! It looks like they had a blast, and your cake is adorable. Happy Birthday, Clara!
Way awesome party -- you are a great mom!!
Post a Comment