In November, Collin broke his foot. He was jumping off of the babysitters trampoline, which he had done a hundred times, and landed wrong on his foot. At first he just complained that his foot hurt but continued to run around. Later he complained again but the babysitter couldn't find anything wrong. By the time I got there to pick Collin up, he wouldn't put any weight on it. I took off his shoe and it began to swell. We called the doctor and he looked at him but didn't seem overly concerned because it didn't show signs of being broken. He ordered an x-ray anyway. Collin had fractured 4 out of 5 metatarsals. They couldn't cast it right away so they put a temporary splint and then a cast on it. At first he couldn't walk on it so we had to carry him everywhere or he could crawl. But after about 2 weeks, he could walk on it and he got around quite nicely. After 4 weeks, they took it off and his foot had heeled just fine.
For Thanksgiving we went to Las Vegas to have dinner at Mark's parent's Vegas house. Everybody came down except Matt. Mark's parents were nice enough to get a couple of hotel rooms which we took advantage of. The house there is big but a little squishy with 25 people. Me and a lot of people in a small place for a lengthy amount of time do not mix. But we had an enjoyable time with cousins and somehow pulled off a complete dinner cooked in a small kitchen.
Clara had her piano concert in December. She is doing so well with the piano. She loves practicing (most of the time) and even sits down and transposes her songs into another key. The other day she was trying to play the bass clef with her right hand and the treble clef with her left hand. At the same time. Just to see if she could.
We had a wonderful Christmas. We had Christmas eve at Mark's parent's where we reenacted the Nativity. My nieces, Annika and Marissa, organized it all and it was fun to watch. Clara got to play Mary. Collin did not participate although I think he was supposed to be a sheep.
Christmas day we drove up to Idaho and had a nice weekend with my family. Melissa did not come because she had just had her new baby, Joe. But Amanda and Alison were there and we spent time with my cousins.
So that was pretty much the holidays for us. Mark is busy this semester, gone almost every weekend with one of the dance groups. I am still working part time and enjoy teaching the lighting 1 class this semester. I am also designing the Diary of Anne Frank which goes up in May. I also got put into Cub Scouts in my ward. I know. But I am the pack committee chair and also a den leader so I've spent the last couple of months learning everything there is to know about cub scouts. It's exhausting. But I'll totally be ready for when Collin is 8.
1 comment:
I was the Cub Committee Chair and Wolf Den leader in my last ward. It was actually a lot of fun. Good luck!
Ouch with the broken foot- glad he healed alright. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment