Seeing how Collin is almost 4 we figured that we should maybe get him potty trained. He's been very resistant so we had been scared to make him do it. We decided that he was old enough that it was getting a little ridiculous that he was still in diapers. So one weekend we went all or nothing. We read the train your toddler in 3 days info and threw away all the diapers. The first day he had about 5 accidents before he really went in the toilet. After he figured it out, there was no looking back. He has really only had 1 pee accident and a couple of poop accidents. The pooping thing is a little more complicated but we're working on it. It's been about 3 weeks and he's doing great! We told him that if he filled up his sticker chart we would take him to Pirate Island Pizza. He filled it up in about 4 days since he pretty much went every time in the toilet. So a couple of Saturday's ago we took him to the pizza place.
The Monday following the weekend that we potty trained him we went to Heber City to see an ice display. He complained that he had to pee but there were no bathrooms in sight. It was dark so Mark took him over next to the car and had him pee on the tire. Mark told him that it's okay to pee outside in the snow. Today we arrived home after getting Clara from a party and Collin had to go to the bathroom. I thought he was behind me as I came in and put the coats away and took off my shoes. He wasn't. I turned around and he is in the front yard for all to see with his pants down around his ankles peeing in a snowdrift. But daddy said he could pee in the snow, he argued. Great, thanks Mark.
1 comment:
I've been waiting and waiting to hear your latest news! I'm glad Collin in okay...it's weird sometimes how they do things to themselves, isn't it?
I'm glad you're doing well. Hope I'll be able to see in May!
Post a Comment